Jerry is Founder, Owner and Director of Clinical Services at Plaza Pharmacy and Wellness Center, Gainesville, Texas, the first freestanding clinical pharmacy in the country with a diabetes program recognized by the American Diabetes Association. Jerry is a Pharmacist and Certified Diabetes Care & Education Specialist who speaks frequently in national and international settings on the subject of diabetes and clinician/patient behavior in the healthcare setting. He has written numerous articles on diabetes care, behavior change and medication use in the people with diabetes. In 2001, Jerry became the first practicing community pharmacist to be elected to the Board of Directors for the Association of Diabetes Care & Education Specialists and to serve on their Executive Board in the position of Vice President. Currently, Jerry serves on numerous advisory boards, speaker’s bureaus and key opinion leader boards for various healthcare and pharmaceutical companies as well as serving on the editorial advisory board for Association of Diabetes Care & Education Specialists in Practice Journal.
- Lilly Diabetes Interactive Network, 2002
- Immunization Certification, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, 2002 Certified Diabetes Educator, 1999
- Insulin Pump Training, Medtronic Minimed Inc., 2000
- Disease State Management, Asthma and Diabetes, National Institute for Standards in Pharmacist Credentialing, 2000
- Anticoagulation Certification, American College of Apothecaries, 1998
- Certified Diabetes Care & Education Specialist (CDCES)