Using Digital Tools to Address Ethnic and Socioeconomic Barriers
Moderated by Amparo Gonzalez, MPH, RN, CDCES, FADCES | Global Head LifeScan Diabetes Institute
- Elizabeth Holt, MD, FACE | Head of Global Medical, Clinical and Safety at LifeScan
- Larry Katz, PhD | Primary Author
- Lorena Drago, MS, RD, CDN, CDCES | Multicultural Nutrition Education Expert ADCES, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Chair and In Practice Editorial Board
- Fatima Sattar, MSN, CRNP, FNP-C, PMHNP-BC | LCH Services Health Care Provider
- Johana Guzman, CMA | LCH Services Study Coordinator
Digital health tools and patient-centric interventions can drive engagement and improve clinical outcomes for people with diabetes while advancing health equity in underserved communities. What are some of the socioeconomic barriers to improved diabetes self management and how can we integrate digital health tools and other patient-centric interventions to drive engagement and improve clinical outcomes?
Join LifeScan Diabetes Institute for a virtual roundtable panel session to learn more about the Tu Salud study, published in Diabetes Spectrum, a peer-reviewed journal of the American Diabetes Association, and the key learnings that suggest the important role of digital health interventions to manage diabetes in people with low numeracy and low literacy in underserved areas.